ISHAN UDAY Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region
GUIDELINES FOR “ISHAN UDAY” SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
FOR NORTH EASTERN REGION
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15.Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide ranging consultations with State Governments and Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, the North Eastern Council,Shillong and other stakeholders.
1) To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every yearbeginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and paramedical courses as certified by the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of University/ College/ Institute.
*Students with domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
*Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called for during year 2017-18.
* Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute :-
*Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
*Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
* Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
*Institutes of National Importance.
* Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
* The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code. For full details click below to download the guidelines.