Admission into the programme is screened based on qualifying any one of these competitive exams i.e. CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT. Thereafter, Written Essays / GD and Personal Interview process is conducted with the support of senior corporate managers to select students for the programmes. Final selection into the program involves suitable weightages allocated for Work Experience, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Regional background etc.
PGDM is conducted in close association with the industry. From the admission of the students to the designing of the curriculum and providing opportunities for short term projects, summer internship and final placement, they are our partners. The rigorous regime inculcates in the participants the ability to work under pressure, multi-tasking besides giving them a strong academic base. Wading through classes, guest lectures, presentations and assignments, students also learn time management, which is an essential requirement for being a successful manager.
The PGDM programme is divided into six trimesters. Marketing, Finance, HR or Operations is offered as a specialization from the third trimester. Students are also exposed to the corporate world through industry-academia interface, special guest lectures, workshops, summer internship and short term projects, all of which are a part of the course design and has to be compulsorily taken up by the students. Live projects and industrial visits, jointly guided by the industry managers and faculty, develop students’ understanding of modern business processes and practices. A two month summer internship assignment with a corporate is mandatory between the first and second year. In addition, students complete 2 -3 short term projects as well.
- The PGDM programme is meant for those who want to shape their career in business and excel in it, based on acquiring a strong academic background.
- The course structure provides flexibility for innovation and experimentation depending on the learning needs and demands of the knowledge economy.
- The PGDM programme is designed on the principle that a proper balance of theory and practice is needed to aid Managerial skill formation for effective decision-making and problem solving in the globalised environment.
- Industry Employability Enhancement Programmes(IEEP) through special modules
- Teaching-Learning environment with modern Audio-visual facilities
- Regular Interaction with stalwarts from Industry and Academia from both India and abroad
- Opportunity for International Student Exchange Programme with partner Universities/ institutes
- Opportunity for on-the-job training through Industry Internship Programmes(IIPs) and Short Term Live Projects(STLPs)
- Add-on opportunity to learn through compulsory Foreign Language Module
- Support for Industry Internship and Placements
Facilities for Learning
- World class classroom fully equipped with multimedia facilities-based on participatory style of learning.
- State of the art Library with access to world class facilities for academic learning.
- Residential, Centrally Air conditioned and WI-FI campus with provision of holistic learning environment.
- Labs, offices, residential accommodation, gymnasium, cafeteria and health centre with all modern amenities.
- Provision of an environment which promotes team-work while maintaining the individuality.
- Regular yoga instruction facilities
- Facilities for recreation and sports
- Mini shopping centre with in the campus
- Special emphasis on Indian heritage and culture.
|Trimester – I||Trimester – II||Trimester – III|
|Trimester – IV||Trimester – V||Trimester – VI|
- Team Learning: Learning starts with the study group formation of the students for the duration of their stay on the campus. The formation of the group is self-done on the basis of the chemistry of social life, culture, academic background and work experience. The students share ideas, thoughts, culture, and personal experience. This enriches and enhances the learning process.
- Sharing of Industry Experience: BIMTECH gives high priority to inviting industry mentors for making business education more relevant.
- Class Room Guidance by Experts: The class room guidance, with the combination of directions from tenured professors and external industry experts, prepares a candidate on the fundamentals and industry practices simultaneously.
- Combination of interactive lecture and case studies with high focus on self-learning and practice. Simulation, Management Games, Role Play and other teaching techniques to be used in the classroom for greater effectiveness.
- Teaching of each subject is carried out as per detailed course plan designed in accordance with the syllabus.
- Each course comprises of case study analysis, assignments, presentations, working exercises, quizzes and group discussions on current issues.
- The evaluation is based on continuous internal assessment and term end examination.
- Element of Basic Econometrics
- Knowledge Management
- Social Innovation & growth strategy
- Globalization & Business Growth
- Social Marketing
Finance and Banking, Marketing, Human Resources and Operations Students have to take 8 courses out of a basket of 15-20 elective courses
List of Electives*
|Elective 1 – Marketing Management||Elective 2 – Finance and Banking|
|Elective 3 – Human Resource Management||Elective 4 – Operations Management|
Back to Mainpage