Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student (Technical Degree)
Objective of the Scheme: Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student (Technical Degree) Saksham is a MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially-abled children to pursue technical education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially-abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future through technical education/ knowledge.
Eligibility forSaksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student:
1) The candidate should be admitted to First year of Degree level course OR Second year of Degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
2) Specially-abled student, having disability of not less than 40%.
3) Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State /UT Government need to be enclosed.
Number of Scholarships:All eligible specially-abled student admitted to First year of Degree level course OR Second year of Degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution will get the scholarship.
Amount of scholarship
1) Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipments, softwares etc. No other additional grant will be payable
in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
2) No documentary proof need to be attached for the above while availing benefits. Apply by 17.01.2023
For full details download the guidelines below: