Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student -Technical Diploma
OBJECTIVE OF THE SCHEME: Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student (Technical Diploma)
is a MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially-abled children to pursue technical education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially-abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future through technical education/ knowledge.
ELIGIBILITY FOR Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially Abled Student (Technical Diploma)
1) The candidate should be admitted to First year of Diploma level course OR Second year of Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
2) Specially-abled student, having disability of not less than 40%.
3) Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/UT Government need to be enclosed.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
All eligible specially-abled student admitted to First year of Diploma level course OR Second year of Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution will get the scholarship.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
1) Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 3 years for first year admitted students and maximum 2 years second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipments, softwares etc. No other additional grant will be payable
in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
2) No documentary proof need to be attached for the above while availing benefits
Last date to apply 17.01.2023. For full details download the guidelines at the link