Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students -Technical Diploma
Objectives of the scheme: Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students -Technical Diploma:Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing assistance for advancement of Girls pursuing technical education. Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development process. This is an attempt to give young women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”.
Eligibility for Scholarship:
1) The girl candidate should be admitted to First year of Diploma level course OR Second year of Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
2) Maximum two girls child per family are eligible.
3) Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government need to be enclosed.
Number of scholarships:
1) A total of 5,000 scholarships are earmarked per annum under this scheme for pursuing First year of Diploma level course OR Second year of Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institutions. The number of scholarships are transferred into AICTE – PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR GIRL STUDENTS (DEGREE), if sufficient number of online applications are not received
2) State/ Union Territory wise distribution of 5,000 scholarships is as per Annexure A.3) In addition to 5,000 scholarships at point number 2, all eligible girls who submit online scholarship form, from following 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States i.e. Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT), Jammu and Kashmir (UT), Ladakh (UT), Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT), Lakshadweep (UT), Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura will be given scholarship by AICTE.
Apply by 17.01.2023. Download the detailed guidelines in the link below: