Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships
Applications for the 2022-2023 Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships to be closed on 14th February 2023
As we step forward into the fourth industrial revolution, India has the unique advantage to harness enormous capital for technology driven development that is bottom up and inclusive, because of our twin strengths of demographics and democracy. Our youth and the entire nation is ready to embrace and utilise new technologies for a strong, sustainable and equitable new India.
In the course of the last few decades, human interaction with technology has witnessed remarkable change. Throughout 2020 and 2021, India worked online, studied online, shopped online, received healthcare online, socialised online. India thrived online. This underscores the phenomenal evolution of Digital Technology in India. From being a means of limited engagement and entertainment, it has evolved into a platform of unlimited enablement and empowerment. The advent of 5G has also unleashed a wave of demand for a new generation of digital and technical skills: by 2025, India will require an estimated 22 million skilled workers possessing 5G-related competencies. Furthermore, technological breakthroughs in renewable and new energy have offered a reliable promise and a massive opportunity to secure the promise of a sustainable future for generations to come if new solutions can be developed for creating reliable, clean and affordable energy solutions for India and the world. In addition, Biotechnology-based, therapeutic products and services in multiple medical domains are also being developed to address unmet medical needs.
In this context, the Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships aim to nurture world-class talent that will help power India’s new era of growth. Reliance Foundation will identify and support 100 of India’s brightest postgraduate students with a generous grant award and a strong development programme, nurturing future leaders who can think big, think green, think digital for the benefit of society.
First-year postgraduate students from institutes across India pursuing degree programmes in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Sciences, Mathematics and Computing, Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Renewable and New Energy, Material Science & Engineering and Life Sciences are eligible to apply. Reliance Foundation Scholarships will nurture and support these bright students with a holistic development programme, including expert interactions, industry exposure and volunteering opportunities creating a cohort of excellence, every year.
- Nurturing India’s future leaders who can think big, think green, think digital for the benefit of society.
- The Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships will identify and select the best and brightest students in India through a rigorous and competitive selection process.
- We welcome applicants from all socio-economic backgrounds and scholarships will be granted on the basis of merit.
- Up to 100 postgraduate scholars will be selected.
- The total amount of scholarship available over the duration of the degree programme, will be up to Rs/INR 6 Lakhs.
- 80% of the funds will be granted in advance at the start of each academic year, to use for tuition and direct academic expenses. The remaining 20% of the funds will be granted upon request to support professional development, including indirect academic and personal development expenses, including conference related expenses.
- Scholars will also benefit from additional engagement and development activities (including the chance to attend talks and workshops with leading global experts, opportunities to apply for mentoring/internships, volunteering opportunities, a strong alumni network and more), and will join a vibrant community of scholars that will be at the forefront of creating and building a new India.
Eligibility Criteria for Reliance Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships
Reliance Foundation invites first year postgraduate students who are enrolled full-time in an eligible degree programme (in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics & Computing, Electrical and/or Electronics Engg., Chemical Engg., Mechanical Engg., Renewable & New Energy, Material Science & Engg. and Life Sciences) to apply.
You must fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to apply:
- Be a resident Indian citizen
- Postgraduate Scholarship : First year PG Students who secured a score of 550 – 1,000 in the GATE Examination. OR
- Students who have not attempted GATE but have scored 7.5 or above in their Undergraduate CGPA (or % normalised to CGPA)
Eligible degree programmes – Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics & Computing, Electrical/or Electronics Engg., Chemical Engg., Mechanical Engg., Renewable & New Energy, Material, Science & Engg. and Life Sciences.
In order to apply, students first need to complete and pass the eligibility questionnaire below. If you pass the eligibility criteria questionnaire, you will receive an email with your log-in details.
To Apply click here https://scholarships.reliancefoundation.org/PG_Scholarship.aspx