J.N Tata Endowment Scholarship
Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, an acclaimed businessman who established his trading firm Tata and Sons in 1868, had philanthropic ideas and vision for the country’s future. This vision led to the establishment of the JN Tata Endowment Scheme for higher education in 1892. Since then, the Trust has helped 5365 scholars achieve their dreams of abroad higher education. The J.N Tata Endowment Scholarship is a loan-scholarship awarded to students based on merit. Read further to know more about the scholarship.
What are Loan-Scholarships?:Loan-scholarships are a combination of scholarships and education loans. There is a fixed amount, which is awarded to students on the basis of some eligibility criteria with some terms and conditions. They are different from scholarships as the students will have to repay the amount. Loan-scholarships may or may not have interest levied. The JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is offered with a simple interest of 2% per annum. There are some conditions wherein the interest might be waived off.
Eligibility Criteria for J.N. Tata Endowment Scholarship
* Candidates should be Indians, not older than 45 years as on June 30, 2023, and graduates of a recognised Indian University with at least 60% marks on average in their undergraduate or post-graduate studies. If the undergraduate degree is not from a recognised University in India, candidates are not eligible to apply.
* Candidates who did not get selected in the previous year/earlier for the loan scholarship. Candidates who were awarded but could not avail of the loan scholarship are also eligible to apply. Such candidates are required to follow the entire selection process.
* Candidates who missed applying to the J N Tata Endowment at the beginning of their overseas studies may apply at the end of 1st year or the beginning of 2nd year provided there is a minimum of 12 months remaining in their studies, at the time of award of the loan scholarship, which is usually July of any calendar year.
* Candidates in the final year of their degree courses and awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2023-2024. However, they must update their application status with the Endowment once they secured admission by sending an appropriate email to email@example.com by quoting the reference number which appears on the top left side of the form.
* Candidates who are planning to study for diplomas of at least 1 year duration whose entry-level requirement is higher secondary level are not eligible to apply.
* Candidates going overseas for seminars, conferences, training, workshops, paper presentation, undergraduate studies, and any post-graduate degree/diploma/certificates through Distance learning or online medium are not eligible to apply.
* Candidates planning to pursue postgraduate and undergraduate studies in India are not eligible to apply.
The course to which candidates are admitted must be recognized as a Graduate Program (post-graduate in Indian terminology).
J N Tata scholars who have fully repaid their existing loan scholarship amount are eligible to apply.
Phase 1 – ends on 7th March, 2023, the final date of submission of the application:–
For full details including the process visit the link below: